Pre-ZoukOut Lunch @ Braise, 13 Dec 2008 - Foodies & Food Bloggers come on down!
For those who read this entry earlier, do note that we have changed the menu arrangements and amended the typo in the email addresss.
I thought the date looked familiar and realised that its on the same day as ZoukOut 2008! Woohoo!
Date: 13 December 2008 (relax, its a Saturday!)
Location: Braise @ 60 Palawan Beach Walk, Level 2, Singapore 098498.
& Pig Tail Roulade with Spice Port Wine Sauce
If you've not been to Braise yet and are old enough to remember the old Sentosa, you might find it interesting that the restaurant is located within the old Monorail station at Palawan Beach.
The restaurant is a short 5 minutes walk from the Beach Carpark.
Now for the administrative part:
1) Deadline for registration is 5 December 2008.
2) Sign up by sending an email to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Please include the following details in your email:
- Mobile Number
- Total number of pax
- Your choice of Starter, Main & Dessert (& for your friends too)
- Any dietary restrictions (we will work with the restaurant to accomodate your needs)
1) I'm not a Food Blogger and am not sure if I qualify as a Foodie, can I still come?
As long as you like to eat, you're a Foodie. Foodies are definitely welcome! :)
2) How do I get there?
i) Check out the map on the Braise website.
ii) Check out this link: Getting to Sentosa.
iii) If you are driving, please park at the Beach Carpark.
iv) If you're too lazy to walk even for 5 minutes, you can take the beach tram. Do note that the wait & travel time will definitely be in excess of 5 minutes.
3) I am an alcoholic. How now, brown cow?
The restaurant has an excellent selection of wine but that would be charged to you separately.
You can BYO. Corkage is waived.
4) I'm starting to feel guilty about the food I'm going to eat. How now, brown cow?
Maybe you could dance it all off at ZoukOut. You'll be there early enough to save prime spots.
5) Will I get caught in insane traffic at Sentosa?
I doubt it as ZoukOut only starts at 6.30pm and you should be done with lunch by 2.30pm. This leaves you ample time to escape or to chill before the partying.
6) Important details for those driving to Sentosa on 13 Dec 2008:
If you are driving or taking a cab, the normal entry rates of $2 per person & $2 per car (vehicle entry charge is not applicable to taxis) remain unchanged. Charges will be debited from your CashCard so please ensure that you have sufficient value.
All parking on the island is free except for Beach Carpark. Parking at Beach Carpark is chargeable at S$1.07 (GST inclusive) per entry per day.
Note the additional charges from 6pm below:
Flat Rates (6pm, 13 Dec 08 – 6am, 14 Dec 08)
- To expedite traffic flow, a $6.00 charge applies for every car/taxi, regardless of the number of passengers.
- The parking charge at the Beach Car Park and Cove Arrival Plaza Car Park is $5.35 per entry.
- All payments will be deducted from the In-Vehicle Unit. Please ensure you have sufficient value in your cashcard/autopass.
See you guys next Saturday!
SFF, on behalf of Hinata Diaries (who has been locked out of her Blogspot account because she forgot her password) :P